5.15.2009

Friday, February 13, 2009... probably should have known it wasn't going to be a good day. Never should have traveled on that day, live and learn. I was driving into Daniel's Canyon going to visit Matt in Vernal, it had started to snow and we had slowed down to about 40 mph, I flipped my dad's truck into 4X4 but it didn't engaged. I looked down to make sure it was in 4X4 (which it was) and as I looked back up the truck's back end got loose, we fishtailed, spun and hit a snow bank, rolled and landed on our roof. I didn't even have time to panic, it all went so fast. As soon as we stopped Camden was screaming his head off (which is much better than a silent child). I was hanging upside down (seat belts save lives kids) but needed to get to Camden. I took off my seat belt and landed in glass (the only damage I received was the cuts from the glass). Of course because I live in St. George I was wearing flip flops and there was so much slow that had come in through all the broken windows, it was a little nerve racking trying to get the Camden with wet, snowy flip flops on. I managed to climb into the back of the truck and grab Camden. As I was getting him out of his seat belt I heard people yelling. These strangers had watched the entire wreck and had stopped and run to help us. There was a younger couple and then a young single guy. They were awesome they helped me get Camden out of the vehicle. One of the guys actually went back into the truck and turned it off. They put us in their truck with the heaters on and asked what they could get out of the truck for me.
So this next part is total deja vous from a previous wreck I had. (I know suspenseful huh;)
Within 5 minutes of the wreck a tow truck came down the hill (how lucky am I). They wanted to know if I wanted them to tow the truck and I was like, "no I need to get my son to the ER" and they happily abliged. So we start down the canyon, it took about 15 minutes until we were able to get cell service. The first person I called was, of course, Matt. So he picks up:
S: Matt, I rolled the truck
M: What
S: I rolled the truck
M: You rolled the f...ing truck
S: You know what I don't have time for this I'm trying to get our son to the ER. I'll call you back when I get there... click
Tow Truck Driver: wow, I thought you were going to cry. That went pretty well.
S: I need to call my dad
S: Dad, Dad, I rolled your truck
D: What
S: (crying) I rolled your truck, you have insurance... right?
D: What
S: (still crying) you have insurance... right?
D: Who cares about the truck, are you guys ok?
My dad rocks, I knew he would care more about us then his truck but that doesn't stop me from being guilt ridden. I am still upset that I rolled his beautiful truck and that they totalled it.
Anyway we all turned out ok. Camden had a cut on his cheek and some scrapes on his hands but the fact that we walked away was awesome and we were so blessed.

1 comments:
geeze. i am glad you guys were okay. that sounded scary. i had no idea. glad you are fine and glad for insurance.
Post a Comment