3.26.2008
So unfortunately for my son I am not the cute, creative mother. In fact the easter bunny completely missed our home until about 9:00 pm.
This is how bad it was.
We went to Matt parent's house. Matt's mom asked Camden what he got from the easter bunny. His response, "I think the easter bunny forgot me." Aw crap. I suck as a mother (actually now that I'm thinking this, why didn't Matt pick up the slack? He could have been the bunny.) So my sister in law took him home so that we could go shopping. If you know my son at all, you know he likes candy but his one true love is chips. So we got him some malted eggs and lots of chips for his basket and then for good (guilty) measure we threw in "shredder" from the teenage mutant ninja turtles. Matt hid real easter eggs and Camden loved looking for them.
I keep thinking that I will get better at this holiday stuff but it's not looking so good.

2 comments:
Solindaloo dont' feel bad. The Easter Bunny didn't leave me any presents in my backyard either -- unless you count the rather large amount of bunny droppings all over my lawn :) I guess I got crapped on by the Easter Bunny --- literally :)
You need to call me and come see my little one. Also I have Tracy's new Jodi Picoult book she says you want to read and I just finished it. Call me 313-1195 or 215-4261
Solinda,
I can't believe you. How do you plan to make Easter cookies, but not have the Easter bunny come? I'm sure the Shredder made up for it. Tyler will be jealous. You are too funny.
Post a Comment