6.12.2008

Weekend of Boating


We went to Sand Hollow this weekend. We had a camp site and stayed over on Saturday night. The lake was beautiful during the day on Saturday and then the evening fell. The wind picked up and blew all night long. It was a a dreadful night of sleep. The next morning the wind had not stopped, Matt said that we were heading home in a bit so I did what any perfectly tired woman would do and laid down for a nap. When I woke up a few hours later the day was perfect for boating. We loaded up camp and headed down to the boat launch. We spent the rest of the day down at the beach and on the water. The boat ran beautifully. I was a little nervous about driving again (it's been years) but adapted pretty quickly once I got on the throttle.

This is Jim's beautiful artwork. He's an artist in the making. Such wonderful sand talent he has!


We took our crazy dogs with us. Cali loved it. She would not stop. She swam and chased the tennis ball all day long. When we got home she didn't move more than about 10 feet for two entire days. Completely unusual for our Cali girl. LaQuita, poor girl, she's going to be 14 this year she waded in the water and sat in the shade of the tent.

Our plan is to spend a lot of time at the lake this summer. So give us a call and let's play.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the picture of Camden on the wakeboard...SO CUTE! Looks like so much fun!

Kamill said...

looks like you had a blast.
What fun pictures!